Butchart Gardens & Gourmet Picnic – Custom Tour
Discover the world renowned Butchart Gardens and connect with your fellow BGG@SEA gamers at a charming Gourmet Picnic on these picturesque grounds. Your journey through Victoria is designed so you get to experience why readers of Condé Nast Traveler named Victoria the world’s third most friendly city. A local expert and guide provides an orientation of the city that highlights the exceptional quality of life that people live here get to experience. Following your city orientation, your drive continues to the Butchart Gardens, a National Historic Site. On arrival you will be welcomed by a tsunami of flower colour and aromas making it now one of the world's best known horticultural attractions & show gardens. At least 900 varieties of summer bedding plants are used to fill countless flower borders, hundreds of hanging baskets and containers with an eye-popping kaleidoscope of blooms. In the midst of this eye popping natural beauty, you will enjoy a gourmet picnic served al fresco in wicker basket complete with checkered table cloths & napkins. Afterwards, rejoin your transportation for your return journey, and enjoy a narrated sightseeing tour of Victoria’s downtown area, including Chinatown, the historic Empress Hotel and the picturesque Parliament Buildings.
Fresh grapes and assorted crostini - House-made sourdough and multi-grain
Poached prawns - Fresh horseradish cocktail sauce
Candied wild B.C. salmon - Caught locally
Assorted charcuterie – Artisan prepared
Local cheeses – Sourced from Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands
House-pickled vegetables – Locally harvested
Cowichan Valley chicken pasta salad – Fresh basil pesto
Carrot and savoy cabbage slaw - Garden herb dressing
A selection of sweets from the Pastry Department
(Water is included. Juice, beer and wine are available at an additional cost)
• Discover Victoria’s iconic landmarks, including Chinatown, the narrowest alleyway in North America, the Empress Hotel, and the inner harbor.
• Stroll Butchart Gardens’ breathtaking meandering paths.
• Enjoy a delightful gourmet picnic in the gardens, served alfresco in wicker baskets with checkered table cloth and napkins.
- There are 20 picnic tables total with 6 guests per table for a total 120 guests. The balance of guests will picnic on covers over the grass. Additional space may be possible on the grass if needed.
- Guests in wheelchairs may require able-bodied guest to negotiate the gradual slopes at Butchart Gardens.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises at the Butchart Gardens. Thank you for your cooperation.
|Port:||Victoria, British Columbia|
|Arrival Date:||Thursdays: June 28, 2018 & July 5, 2018|
|Departure Time:||10:00 AM|
|Tour Duration:||4.15 Hours|
|Minimum Participants:||40 guests|
|Maximum Participants:||200 guests|
|Tour Cost:||$159.00 per guest|
DISCLAIMER: Note these custom tours are offered based upon a minimum number of BGG@SEA guests participating on the tour. If the custom tour minimum is not reached, then you will be rebooked on a standard similar tour at the published price for the sailing.
Questions, please contact email@example.com